SEVERE STORM POWER OUTAGE UPDATE
THIS INCLUDES STATUS AS OF 6:45 pm – IT WILL BE UPDATED WITH CURRENT NUMBERS THROUGHOUT THE RESTORATION PROCESS
CPS Energy has been working diligently around the clock to restore service. However, there are instances where electric service will not be restored until tomorrow. If you are still without power, you may want to make alternative arrangements for the remainder of the evening. We appreciate your patience as we continue our repair work throughout the night and into tomorrow.
You can check our outage map and refresh for the latest information.
- As of 6:45 p.m. we have a little more than 11,700 customers without power.
- Our most significant issue is the number of wires down and infrastructure damage.
- We have already addressed well over 200 wire down orders and 400 are still pending.
- We expect we will continue to see progress throughout the night, but this will take some time.
- We have more than 200 personnel in the field responding, including 8 contract crews.
- An additional 7 contract crews are on their way from the Rio Grande Valley and should arrive by midnight.
- We’ll continue rotating crews throughout the night.
- If a customer is still without power now, we encourage them to make accommodations for the evening to find comfort overnight.
About CPS Energy
Established in 1860, CPS Energy is the nation’s largest public power, natural gas and electric company, providing safe, reliable, and competitively-priced service to 821,675 electric and 347,400 natural gas customers in San Antonio and portions of seven adjoining counties. Our customers’ combined energy bills rank among the lowest of the nation’s 20 largest cities – while generating $7 billion in revenue for the City of San Antonio for more than seven decades. As a trusted and strong Community partner, we continuously focus on job creation, economic development and educational investment. True to our People First philosophy, we are powered by our skilled workforce, whose commitment to the community is demonstrated through our employees’ volunteerism in giving back to our city and programs aimed at bringing value to our customers. CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.