- It’s here! The Black Friday deal worth $150Posted: Nov 23, 2016 6:58am
- CPS Energy extends deadline for Board of Trustees applicationsPosted: Dec 15, 2015 3:07pm
- CPS Energy seeks applications for Board of TrusteesPosted: Dec 3, 2015 1:44pm
Serving customers in need with new partnership
By Maria Garcia on March 11, 2016
You can’t turn on the lights, cook or even get clean tap water without it. Electricity is a must for our modern way of life. But what happens when you can’t afford it?
That’s a challenge we work to solve daily with our customer assistance programs. And, now we have teamed up with the newly launched Texas Energy Poverty Research Institute (TEPRI) to do an even better job of keeping the lights on and gas flowing for our low-income customers.
TEPRI is a diverse collaborative of utilities, low-income and energy efficiency advocates, banking, and solar experts. The non-profit organization focuses on projects and programs that, in the end, help low-income customers better use energy and manage costs.
I recently joined the TEPRI Board and will work with other board members and staff to help low-income customers across the state. I’m also proud to share what we’ve done locally here at CPS Energy to:
- Enroll 10-thousand additional customers in our Affordability Discount Program last year
- Provide an average of $5,000 in energy-saving improvements to nearly 15,000 Casa Verde customers since 2009
- Offer ten customer assistance programs to our customers, including a burned veterans’ discount
- Respond to customers who have complex challenges and need specialized service, whether in their home or onsite at hundreds of outreach opportunities we offer every year
Even still, there may be more we could learn from our TEPRI partners. Meeting the needs of our customers is what we care about most. Together, we can make a difference!