The new year is in full swing so it’s time to get yourself and your family back into a routine. That includes getting back to your old sleep routine, resetting your mind and body, and recovering from extra spending.
From spending quality time with family and friends to giving and receiving gifts, the holidays are one of the best times of the year, but they can also stretch your time, budget and result in higher energy bills.
There are many other factors that influence energy consumption during this time. There are obvious ones like a drop in temperature and the beautiful holiday light displays, but there are others that are not so obvious.
For starters, the kids were home during the holiday break so that meant lights stayed on longer and there was an increase in electronic device usage. And likely, appliances ran more with the constant cooking, baking and cleaning.
Another reason you could see a higher energy bill is more days in the billing cycle. Billing cycles vary during the holidays with holiday office closures.
Your energy bill may continue to rise as the temperature drops in the coming months so it’s important to take steps now to manage your energy use. We have a variety of programs, services, tools and tips to help you keep your energy costs under control and your budget back on track.
• Attend a CPS Energy Customer Programs Fair. Learn simple ways to save energy, money and find out about our latest energy-saving programs, and more!
• Utilize our energy-saving tips that can help you take control of your energy use
• Manage your account 24/7 by signing up for Manage My Account.
– Manage your account no matter where you are
– Help us contact you with energy alerts by providing your phone number
• Visit the My Energy Portal tool through Manage My Account
– Compare your month-to-month energy usage and see reasons for
a decrease or increase
– Set up high bill alerts
– Access more energy-saving tips
• Earn $150 when you purchase a qualified Wi-Fi thermostat and sign up for My Thermostat Rewards before January 31
• Budget your expenses and avoid the surprise of a high bill with our Budget Payment Plan
• Set up a payment plan to help you get caught up if you have a past due balance. We offer three options to help spread the costs of past due bills. Learn more by calling 210-353-2222.
• Explore our Customer Assistance Programs and options to help you pay your bill
• Take advantage of available rebates and incentives through our SAVENOW program for both residential and commercial customers.
• Calculate costs and savings with our Energy Calculators
• Apply for Winter Assistance Relief Mobilization (WARM) by contacting the City of San Antonio Department of Human Services at 210-207-7830 for an appointment or for the Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP) by calling the Bexar County’s Department of Community Resources at 210-335-3666 .
• Stay up-to-date with the latest news, tips and tools from CPS Energy. Signup for our Newsroom and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Heating can make up more than half of your home’s energy usage so making adjustments to your energy habits now can make a big difference on future bills but if you find yourself in a crunch, we can help. Visit cpsenergy.com for more information.