POWER OUTAGES CAUSED BY OVERNIGHT STORM
A storm passed through the San Antonio area around midnight and into the morning of the June 17 leading to over 20,000 customers left without power at its peak. CPS Energy Crews immediately started power restoration efforts overnight and will continue their work until all customers have electricity.
You can check our outage map and refresh for the latest information.
- As of 6:00 a.m. we have less than 11,000 customers without power
- With the roads still wet from the storm we ask customers to drive safely, especially when they see crews and first responders on the road
- If you see a wire down, stay away from it and report it to CPS Energy by calling 210-353-4357
CPS Energy will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as needed. Customers can use these tips while the power is out:
- Keep your refrigerator closed for as long as possible – according to the FDA, food can stay good for about 4 hours
- Outages can be reported through Manage My Account or by calling 210-353-4357
- Check your breaker box – tripped breakers account for about 15% of outage reports
- Unplug electrical equipment to avoid damage in case there is a surge during restoration
- Find these tips and more here on CPS Energy’s website
Follow CPS Energy on Twitter and Facebook for updates on this storm and more.
About CPS Energy
Established in 1860, CPS Energy is the nation’s largest public power, natural gas and electric company, providing safe, reliable, and competitively-priced service to 821,675 electric and 347,400 natural gas customers in San Antonio and portions of seven adjoining counties. Our
customers’ combined energy bills rank among the lowest of the nation’s 20 largest cities – while generating $7 billion in revenue for the City of San Antonio for more than seven decades. As a trusted and strong Community partner, we continuously focus on job creation, economic development and educational investment. True to our People First philosophy, we are powered by our skilled workforce, whose commitment to the community is demonstrated through our employees’ volunteerism in giving back to our city and programs aimed at bringing value to our customers. CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.