CPS Energy stands ready to help any customer in need. Our People First philosophy is about being there for our customers when they need us. To support all our customers, in partnership with San Antonio’s Mayor and City Council as listed below, effective immediately, we will suspend energy disconnects while our community bands together to find our path forward. We thank the Mayor and City Council for their leadership as they guide our community through COVID-19 awareness and preparations.
- Mayor Ron Nirenberg
- District 1 City Councilman Roberto Treviño
- District 2 Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan
- District 3 Councilwoman Rebecca Viagran
- District 4 Councilwoman Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia
- District 5 Councilwoman Shirley Gonzales
- District 6 Councilwoman Melissa Cabello Havrda
- District 7 Councilwoman Ana Sandoval
- District 8 Councilman Manny Peláez
- District 9 Councilman John Courage
- District 10 Councilman Clayton Perry
If CPS Energy customers have concerns about paying their bill in-person at our many payment locations, there are numerous ways to make payments, including mailing a check, pay by phone, and utilizing our Manage My Account service online. We are also readily available to respond to issues unrelated to bill payments either by phone or by utilizing our online service.
As part of our commitment to People First, we urge customers experiencing financial hardship to contact us so that we can work together to find a payment plan that works for them. We are committed to providing reliable, safe and affordable electric and gas services for all customers. CPS Energy has a variety of money-saving and general assistance programs designed to help all customers who have informed us of a hardship. Some of CPS Energy’s assistance programs include:
- REAP– CPS Energy contributes $1 million or more per year to the Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP). This invaluable program is our commitment to provide help to pay energy bills for customers who qualify for assistance.
- Budget Payment Plan– Customers’ annual energy bill is averaged over the past year, and a fixed amount is billed making it easy to budget energy dollars for the year.
- Senior Citizen Billing Program– Senior customers are allowed additional time to pay the net amount of energy bills.
- Senior Citizen Late Fee Waiver– Qualifying seniors over 60 years old can sign up to have their late charges waived.
- Affordability Discount Program– Customers may be eligible for a discount on their monthly service charge.
- Casa Verde– Qualifying customers can receive an average of $5,000 in energy efficiency upgrades to their home at no cost, helping save energy month after month.
- Disabled Citizens Billing Program– Disabled customers on Supplemental Security Income are allowed additional time to pay the net amount of their energy bills.
For a list of other money-saving and assistance programs, visit www.cpsenergy.com/assistance or call 210-353-2222 to speak to an Energy Advisor. To pay by phone, call (877) 257-1172. To mail a payment, include your bill and payment to CPS Energy, P.O. Box 2678, San Antonio, TX 78289.
CPS Energy is working diligently to protect our customers and employees regarding the COVID-19 health event. We continue to monitor this public health event as it evolves. For personal safety and other health tips, visit the City of San Antonio’s COVID-19 webpage.
Established in 1860, CPS Energy is the nation’s largest public power, natural gas and electric company, providing safe, reliable, and competitively-priced service to 840,750 electric and 352,585 natural gas customers in San Antonio and portions of seven adjoining counties. Our customers’ combined energy bills rank among the lowest of the nation’s 20 largest cities – while generating $7 billion in revenue for the City of San Antonio for more than seven decades. As a trusted and strong community partner, we continuously focus on job creation, economic development and educational investment. True to our People First philosophy, we are powered by our skilled workforce, whose commitment to the community is demonstrated through our employees’ volunteerism in giving back to our city and programs aimed at bringing value to our customers. CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation. www.cpsenergy.com