There’s no doubt about it – moving is stressful. It involves more than just getting your belongings and your family from one place to the other. You also need to set up utilities, cable and other services. This might seem a little overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be.
Over the years, I’ve done my share of moving. And if I had known about First Connections, I definitely would have used this service to save time and minimize stress.
What is First Connections?
First Connections is a one-stop shop for home services. One call gets your electric and gas service connected, plus your other utilities like phone and internet service, even home security. Instead of spending hours on the phone calling different companies, First Connections sets up these services for free! It’s our way to make your big move a little easier.
Other tips to make your move easier
Experts say moving is one of life’s most stressful events but the good news is there’s a lot you can do to prepare. Here is what I’ve learned while coordinating my moves.
- Get it done early. Don’t wait until the last minute to transfer or connect your utilities. Give yourself at least two weeks before your move date.
- Ask for help. Asking for help can be difficult. But, when it comes to moving, your friends and family will be your biggest asset. If it’s in your budget, hire movers for a less stressful move.
- Purge, purge and purge. One of the best ways to minimize stress is to minimize clutter. So, only take what you truly need. Go through your belongings and part with those items that take precious storage space. Donate items in good condition and you’ll also enjoy that warm feeling of helping others.
- Pack, label and organize your boxes by room. Pack one room at a time and label the box with its general contents and the room it is to be placed in at your new home.
- Have plenty of supplies. Have plenty of boxes and tape on hand before you start packing. The last thing you want is to run out. It’s probably best to have more supplies than you think you will need.
And, remember to save time and connect all your services through First Connections by calling (210) 353-2222.
Serving customers in need with new partnership