IT’S THE PERFECT TIME FOR IMPROVED COMFORT & ENERGY SAVINGS
Summer is here which means we are looking for ways to keep our homes and ourselves cool. But just because the temperatures are rising, it doesn’t mean our energy bills have to.
CPS Energy wants customers to join them and community partners at a People First! Community Fair. The fairs are designed to help customers become more energy efficient, learn how to save money and ensure their home is ready for the summer’s heat.
“We want all customers to be aware of how they can save on their energy bill during the hottest time of the year,” said Maria Garcia, Vice President of Community Engagement & Corporate Responsibility. “Attending our People First! Community Fairs are a great way to learn simple ways to save, get an up-close look at different technologies to help manage energy bills year-round and find out about our latest energy-saving programs, and more!”
Customers can also meet with Energy Advisors and representatives from the following CPS Energy departments:
- Flexible Path – Give input on San Antonio’s sustainability efforts to meet the needs of customers today and in the future.
- Customer Assistance Programs – Learn about programs such as Casa Verde, Affordability Discount program, Budget Payment Plan, and more.
- Customer Service – Meet with Energy Advisors who are available to answer account questions.
- Public Safety & Education – Learn how to be safe around electricity and natural gas.
- Energy Saving Programs – Check out energy efficiency rebates, products and programs.
- Power Quality & Reliability – Learn about system enhancements that improve service reliability.
- Smart City – View energy use, and learn about automatic outage reporting, quicker response for power restoration, and increased customer privacy.
- Kids’ corner– Bring the kids! This family friendly event will also feature a Kids’ Corner with safety demonstrations and activities.
July events are scheduled on the following dates and locations:
- Thursday, July 11, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, Navajo Civic, 2600 Rigsby Ave.
- Saturday, July 20, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, St. Gregory the Great Church, 700 Dewhurst Rd.
- Thursday, July 25, 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm, St. Padre Pio Catholic Church, 3843 Bulverde Pkwy
CPS Energy’s People First! Community Fairs are scheduled through the rest of the year. A complete listing can be found at cpsenergy.com.
There’s no avoiding the sweltering summer heat, but customers can make sure their homes are ready when the temperatures climb. Customers can learn how to save energy, save money and participate for an opportunity to win prizes all in one event!
About CPS Energy
Established in 1860, CPS Energy is the nation’s largest public power, natural gas and electric company, providing safe, reliable, and competitively-priced service to 840,750 electric and 352,585 natural gas customers in San Antonio and portions of seven adjoining counties. Our customers’ combined energy bills rank among the lowest of the nation’s 20 largest cities – while generating $7 billion in revenue for the City of San Antonio for more than seven decades. As a trusted and strong community partner, we continuously focus on job creation, economic development and educational investment. True to our People First! philosophy, we are powered by our skilled workforce, whose commitment to the community is demonstrated through our employees’ volunteerism in giving back to our city and programs aimed at bringing value to our customers. CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.