For centuries, people have gone to fortune tellers to find out what the future holds. But when it comes to transportation, there’s no need for a crystal ball once you’ve taken your first drive in an electrical vehicle. National Drive Electric Week, September 8-16, is a nationwide celebration to heighten awareness of today’s widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more.
“EVs are a huge business opportunity for CPS Energy,” said Rick Luna, Interim Director in the Technology & Product Innovation department. “We see great value in giving customers expanded transportation choices, while promoting the environmental benefits of EVs.”
What better time than to give you five epic benefits to switching to an electric vehicle?
- It’s better for the environment: Think about a San Antonio with less pollution. EVs help to reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions thanks to its zero exhaust emissions. That leads us to the second benefit.
- Good for your health: Reduced harmful exhaust emissions helps prevent cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease and asthma attacks.
- Less noise in the city: Close your eyes on a busy street and just focus your hearing on all the vehicles blaring down the road. As more people adopt EVs all that noise pollution will dissipate.
- Arrive home safe and sound: Many electric vehicles receive top National Highway Safety Traffic Administration safety ratings thanks to electric vehicle manufactures maximizing safety features. They are also naturally prepared to keep you safe. For instance, EVs tend to have a lower center of gravity that makes them less likely to roll over.
- Plenty of financial benefits: Lighten the load on your wallet with lower operation costs on your EV, lower maintenance costs and don’t forget the rebates & tax credits associated with the adoption of plug-in or all-electric vehicles.
With public charging stations growing in number at supermarkets, city garages, gas stations and more, the excuse of range anxiety is becoming a distant memory. Interested in taking an EV out for a spin? Head out to the National Drive Electric Week Event on Saturday, Sept. 22, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Pearl Brewery. Click here for more information.
Source – What are the driving benefits of an electric vehicle on website
Source – Benefits of electric vehicles