CPS ENERGY OFFERS ENERGY SAVING TIPS AHEAD OF COLD FRONT
Colder weather is expected to arrive in the Greater San Antonio area this weekend. For many, adjusting thermostats and turning up the heat will become a reality as temperatures may dip below 50 degrees overnight this weekend.
Although the temperature change is mild, it’s a good time to practice energy savings and safety measures that will help you throughout the upcoming winter.
CPS Energy is offering these tips to customers to help them stay warm and safe.
- Have your heating system inspected by a licensed and bonded professional
- Keep thermostat set between 68 – 70 degrees
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing to help you stay comfortable indoors instead of adjusting the thermostat
- Run ceiling fans in reverse to help push down warm air near the ceiling
- For more energy savings tips and programs visit: cpsnergy.com and search energy saving tips.
- Never use a stove/oven as a space heater
- Test to verify you have working smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area, and on every level
- Test or install carbon monoxide alarms in a central location outside sleeping areas
- Keep flammable liquids and spray cans at least three feet from heating equipment
- When using a gas space heater, leave a window open a couple of inches for proper ventilation
- For additional safety tips, please visit: cpsenergy.com/safety.
CPS Energy reminds customers that both safety and energy efficiency should be top-of-mind as we gradually transition to colder weather.