Colder weather is expected to arrive in the Greater San Antonio this evening and stay around for a few days. Local forecasts indicate that temperatures may drop below freezing tonight and tomorrow evening. CPS Energy advises customers to be mindful of their thermostat setting so they can help keep their utility bill manageable.
CPS Energy is offering these tips to customers to help them stay warm and safe.
- Have your heating system inspected by a licensed and bonded professional
- Keep thermostat set between 68 – 70 degrees
- Keep doors and windows closed to minimize hot air from escaping the home
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing to help you stay comfortable indoors instead of adjusting the thermostat
- Run ceiling fans in reverse to help push down warm air near the ceiling
- For more energy savings tips and programs visit: cpsenergy.com/tips.
- Never use a stove/oven as a space heater
- Test to verify you have working smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area, and on every level
- Test or install carbon monoxide alarms in a central location outside sleeping areas
- Keep flammable liquids and spray cans at least three feet from heating equipment
- When using a gas space heater, leave a window open a couple of inches for proper ventilation
- Please exercise caution when driving as hazardous road conditions may be present
- For additional safety tips, please visit: cpsenergy.com/safety.
CPS Energy reminds customers to keep both safety and energy efficiency top-of-mind as they adjust to stay comfortable in their homes.