According to local forecast, freezing temperatures are expected on both Wednesday and Thursday morning in the Greater San Antonio area. To help customers manage their utility bill and stay safe during colder weather, the utility is offering the following tips.
- Have your heating system inspected by a licensed and bonded professional.
- Keep your thermostat set between 68 – 70 degrees.
- Keep doors and windows closed to minimize hot air from escaping the home.
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing to help you stay warm indoors instead of adjusting the thermostat.
- Run ceiling fans in reverse to help bring down warm air near the ceiling.
- Visit our website for more energy saving tips.
- Never use a stove/oven as a space heater.
- Test to verify you have working smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area, and on every level.
- Test or install carbon monoxide alarms in a central location outside sleeping areas.
- Keep flammable liquids and spray cans at least three feet from heating equipment.
- When using a natural gas space heater, leave a window open a couple of inches for proper ventilation.
- For additional safety tips, please visit: cpsenergy.com/safety.
Customers are encouraged to keep both safety and energy efficiency top-of-mind as the cold front moves through.