- It’s here! The Black Friday deal worth $150Posted: Nov 23, 2016 6:58am
- CPS Energy extends deadline for Board of Trustees applicationsPosted: Dec 15, 2015 3:07pm
- CPS Energy seeks applications for Board of TrusteesPosted: Dec 3, 2015 1:44pm
CPS Energy events offer relief from summer heat
Today CPS Energy begins a series of summer events designed to help our customers become more energy efficient and save money on predictably higher summer bills due to rising temperatures.
Customers can apply onsite for the energy-saving Casa Verde weatherization program and other customer assistance programs at four Community Programs Fairs taking place in June and July. They also can check out programmable thermostat options, technology for both central and window air conditioning systems, rebates and the new online My Energy portal.
The events are scheduled on the following dates:
• Thurs., June 11, 5 – 7 p.m., Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 159 Camino Santa Maria
• Thurs., June 25, 5 – 7 p.m., St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church, 1710 Clower St.
• Thurs., July 9, 5 – 7 p.m., St. Margaret Mary, 1314 Fair Ave.
• Thurs., July 23, 5 – 7 p.m., El Progreso Hall, 1306 Guadalupe St.
Casa Verde offers up to $5,000 of free energy saving improvements, with the application process usually taking less than 20 minutes. Customers who apply at the event will be immediately scheduled for a house evaluation. Once contractors start on the work, it typically takes just a few days to complete.
“Families do not have to sweat inside their homes this summer. Insulation makes a huge difference in keeping a home cool in the summer heat,” said Maria Garcia, vice president of Community Engagement. “If qualifying customers take a few minutes to apply, we can make their homes cooler and help them lower summer energy bills.”
More than 11,000 greater San Antonio residents have taken advantage of Casa Verde, saving 11 megawatts of energy for our community, which is enough to power 2,000 homes.
“CPS Energy’s Casa Verde program helped lower my bill by about $100 and kept my home cooler,” said Cricket Temkin, a Casa Verde recipient.
“I have a lot of medical expenses because of my injuries,” said Tomas Ruiz, a Vietnam War Veteran and Casa Verde recipient. “I live on a fixed income, so it will make a big difference if I can save money on my energy bills.”
Customers are asked to bring these items to apply for the programs:
• Copy of valid photo I.D. for applicant
• Proof of current income for all members living in home, ages 18 or older, or verification of unemployment
• Recent CPS Energy bill or account number
For more information, visit cpsenergy.com.
CPS Energy is the nation’s largest municipally owned natural gas and electric company, providing service to 772,000 electric and 337,000 natural gas customers in the Greater San Antonio area. With our AA+ credit rating, one of the best in the industry, we offer best in class reliability and the lowest rates among the top 10 largest U.S. cities. We recognize our role as a community partner and are continuously focused on job creation, economic development and educational investment. Powered by our people, our investment in the community is demonstrated through our employees’ generosity in giving $1 million to United Way. We are also committed to investing in clean energy. CPS Energy is the number one wind energy buyer among the nation’s municipally owned utilities and number one in Texas for solar generation. For more information, visit newsroom.cpsenergy.com.