CPS ENERGY COMPLETES POWER RESTORATION TO 33,000 CUSTOMERS FOLLOWING SEVERE STORMS
Update as of: May 31, 2021 at 9 a.m.
SAN ANTONIO (May 31, 2021) – CPS Energy crews have restored power to all customers impacted by severe storms that swept through Greater San Antonio Friday night and early Saturday morning. At the peak, about 33,000 customers experienced sustained outages. CPS Energy thanks customers for their patience as crews worked around the clock on restoration efforts.
Currently, there are unrelated outages affecting a small number of customers and crews will work as quickly as they can to restore power safely.
While power from the storm-related outages has been restored, more storms are in the forecast throughout this week according to the National Weather Service. Showers and thunderstorms are likely that could lead to the possibility of additional outages.
Customers are asked to be prepared for severe weather by following these tips:
- Report your outage online with your smart phone or tablet or by calling (210) 353-HELP (4357).
- Be prepared. Keep cell phones, battery-operated LED lights, flashlights, batteries and other important items available for an unexpected power outage.
- Always have an emergency plan for where you will go should you have an extended outage, especially if you rely on medical equipment or have special health conditions.
- Follow our Facebook and Twitter sites for status updates. If possible, seek local TV or radio station weather reports.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them to CPS Energy. Do NOT attempt to move or drive over the lines. Treat them as if they are live. Even in an outage, power lines may still have electricity running through them.
Customers are encouraged to use CPS Energy’s interactive Outage Map for near real-time outage information. A helpful tutorial video is located at the Outage Center.
About CPS Energy
Established in 1860, CPS Energy is the nation’s largest public power, natural gas, and electric company, providing safe, reliable, and competitively-priced service to more than 884,811 electric and 366,709 natural gas customers in San Antonio and portions of seven adjoining counties. Our customers’ combined energy bills rank among the lowest of the nation’s 20 largest cities – while generating $8 billion in revenue for the City of San Antonio for more than seven decades. As a trusted and strong community partner, we continuously focus on job creation, economic development, and educational investment. True to our People First philosophy, we are powered by our skilled workforce, whose commitment to the community is demonstrated through our employees’ volunteerism in giving back to our city and programs aimed at bringing value to our customers. CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.