- It’s here! The Black Friday deal worth $150Posted: Nov 23, 2016 6:58am
- CPS Energy extends deadline for Board of Trustees applicationsPosted: Dec 15, 2015 3:07pm
- CPS Energy seeks applications for Board of TrusteesPosted: Dec 3, 2015 1:44pm
Don’t let an imposter rob you of your holiday cheer!
By Albert Cantu on December 23, 2014
Whatever happened to good cheer? We’d even settle for bah-humbug over outright theft. Reports of thieves stealing delivery packages off of people’s doorsteps are rampant right now.
I know because I had to make one — thieves stole a special gift I had planned to have under the tree for my son this Christmas.
Delivery robberies, mall parking lot burglaries, identify theft – they’re among the top 10 holiday schemes as criminals try to find easy pickings during this season. We want to also remind you to be cautious of criminals impersonating CPS Energy employees.
More than 700 — that’s how many customers have reported receiving a phone call from someone claiming to be from CPS Energy this yea, trying to steal their hard-earned money.
We’re happy to report that most of our customers are on to these crooks and their tactics, and don’t fall for the scam.
To help keep you protected, CPS Energy wants you to remember we will NEVER:
- Call you and threaten to disconnect your service
- Ask you to purchase a Green Dot credit card
- Tell you to call us back at a 1-800 number to make a payment
- Request a payment/deposit for a smart meter
- Come to your home to collect a payment
- Show up unannouced and ask to enter your home
Check out this video to hear what one of the scam calls sounds like.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from CPS Energy, hang up and file a report with local law officers.
Ok. That’s more than enough space spent on bad guys.
Here comes the good cheer! From all of us here at CPS Energy, have a safe and joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year!