Paula Gold-Williams is the President & CEO of CPS Energy. Paula leads more than 3,100 team members with the vision she has coined “People First,” whereby CPS Energy is evolving its efforts to create and deliver value to its customers, community, and employees into a new age of energy solutions.
Paula has more than 30 years of leadership experience in San Antonio, including being a Regional Controller for Time Warner and the VP of Finance for Luby’s, Inc. before coming to CPS Energy in late 2004.
Over her 16 years at CPS Energy, she has progressively served as Controller & Assistant Treasurer; VP & Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) – Organizational Excellence & Shared Services; EVP, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) & Treasurer; and EVP – Financial & Administrative Services, CFO & Treasurer.
In addition to her role at CPS Energy, Paula serves on a broad portfolio of boards and committees and is a Past Chair of the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce. Further, Paula was awarded the inaugural Chief Trailblazer of the Year award by S&P Global Platts for her innovation and commitment to customers and her community.
Paula has an associate’s degree in fine arts from San Antonio College. She earned a BBA in accounting from St. Mary’s University, as well as a finance and accounting MBA from Regis University in Denver, Colorado. She is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
- Read about Paula Gold-Williams in the news
- See the latest Power Up Newsletter
- Check out related videos
- Learn about our Flexible Path
- Check out Paula’s Honors & Awards
- Express News: San Antonio’s CPS Energy chief talks electricity rates, clean energy and Luby’s
- Express News: Difficult energy discussions ahead — but worth the effort
Paula Gold-Williams Board Participation
- Keystone Policy Center, Co-Chair of the Board and Executive Committee Member
- Large Public Power Council, Industry CEO Member
- Dentons Smart Cities & Communities Initiatives and Think Tank, Co-Chair
- Texas Public Power Association, Board Member
- San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, 2019 Chair of the Board and Executive Committee Member (January – July 2019), Past Chair
- St. Mary’s University, Board of Trustees
- Haven for Hope, Leadership Advisory Council Member
- Southwest Research Institute, Advisory Trustee Member
- The Tobin Center for the Performing Arts, Advisory Board Member
- Electric Power Research Institute, Board Member and Chair of the Audit Committee, and 2nd Vice Chair
- San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, Board and Executive Committee Member
- EPIcenter, Board Member and Treasurer
- San Antonio Medical Foundation, Trustee
- Mayor’s Airport System Development Committee, Committee Member
- FM Global, Advisory Committee Member
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas – San Antonio Branch, Board Member
- iEmpower, Advisory Committee Member
- Residential Energy Assistance Partnership (REAP), Board Member