- It’s here! The Black Friday deal worth $150Posted: Nov 23, 2016 6:58am
- CPS Energy extends deadline for Board of Trustees applicationsPosted: Dec 15, 2015 3:07pm
- CPS Energy seeks applications for Board of TrusteesPosted: Dec 3, 2015 1:44pm
Affordability Discount Program saves customers nearly $5 million
By Albert on December 22, 2015
If you’re looking for the gift that keeps giving, the Affordability Discount Program (ADP) might be for you. The program works by discounting a portion of the service availability charge for electric and natural gas every month for qualifying customers. The service availability charge, covers the cost of metering and billing, regardless of energy consumption.
The program was introduced to our customers as a way to reduce their monthly energy bills. ADP participants save up to $12.30 a month and up to a $147 a year depending on whether they live in an all-electric home or have a combination of both gas and electric. Since 2008, more than 49,000 customers have enrolled and have saved a total of $4.8 million this year alone.
Raul Preciado is just one of the many customers taking advantage of ADP.
“We’re on a fixed income and the Affordability Discount Program has helped us save some extra money every month, every lit bit helps.”
Customers on the ADP see their discount each month on the back of their bill. For a full breakdown of your bill, click here.
To be considered for the program your income must be at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines shown below.
You must also meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Be 60 years old or older
- Have a disability
- Use life-sustaining medical equipment
- Have pre-school aged children or school children age 18 and under
- Meet veterans’ discount qualifications
- Have extenuating circumstances as determined by CPS Energy or the City of San Antonio
If you feel the Affordability Discount Program is right for you and would like to apply, we make it easy with an online form. So, take a few minutes and give yourself a gift that will put money back in your pocket every month.