- It’s here! The Black Friday deal worth $150Posted: Nov 23, 2016 6:58am
- CPS Energy extends deadline for Board of Trustees applicationsPosted: Dec 15, 2015 3:07pm
- CPS Energy seeks applications for Board of TrusteesPosted: Dec 3, 2015 1:44pm
100,000 customers make a smart choice to save energy
By Albert on June 13, 2016
Since 2003, our customers have participated in our demand response program by installing a free Smart Thermostat. On June 1, we hit a major milestone—our 100,000th thermostat! The Wi-Fi programmable thermostat from Honeywell, allows customers to access, monitor and control their heating and cooling temperatures anytime, from anywhere via the internet.
“We’re grateful to our customers who have taken advantage of our smart thermostat program, because of them we have been able to save a total of 42 MW of energy – enough to power nearly 8,400 homes. Our Smart Thermostat customers help keep our electric grid stable which ensures power for everyone during high energy demand,” said Justin Chamberlain, program manager of Product Development.
Billy Mahone was glad he made the smart choice for his home and business.
The Smart Thermostat is a great way to save electricity and lower your energy bill. By participating in the program you can help conserve energy during peak times throughout the summer. During conservation events, you can opt out through your thermostat or smart phone app at any time and return to your normal settings, so you’re always in control. Conservation events don’t occur very often, but they are crucial in managing the energy needs of our community.
With a FREE Wi-Fi Honeywell programmable thermostat, you can:
- Control the temperature at home – anytime, anywhere – from the Internet using your smart phone, computer or tablet with the Total Connect Comfort App.
- Save on your home heating and cooling costs